Entertainment > Iranian Play > WINNERS OF NATIONAL WOMEN'S THEATER FESTIVAL ANNOUNCED BY DARIUS KADIVAR
Veteran Actress Jaleh Olov receives Life Time Achievement Award
When Iran’s Culture Ministry does some good ( yes that happens from time to time) in recognizing the contributions of Veteran Iranian Artists it deserves mentioning. If I am the first to denounce them when they censor our directors and or actors, or when they sell off some of our national treasures as has been the case of some paintings of the Tehran Museum of Modern Arts, I think nevertheless that it is also important to acknowledge good initiatives when such events do take place.
Jaleh Olov was born in 1927 in Tehran. She graduated from Tehran’s Acting Academy and began performing as a stage actress in 1949. Three years later she started her work in overdubbing. She was awarded with a Life Time Achievement Award amongst other fellow actors and actress’ at the 6th National Women's Theater Festival on July 14th.
Below is the report on the Event by the Mehr News Agency:
TEHRAN, July 15 (Mehr News Agency) -- The 6th National Women's Theater Festival announced its winners on July 14 during the closing ceremony held at the main hall of the City Theater in Tehran.
The Mayor of Tehran Mohammad-Bagher Qalibaf, the advisor to the culture minister Mohammad-Hossein Nirumand and many other officials attended the event.
Following is a list of the recipients of the festival's awards:
* Street-acting: No entry was deemed worthy of first prize, Farhad Daneshvar and Farnaz Qelichkhani won second prize for 'First Headline' and third prize went to Vahid Miryunesi for 'The Man Who Knows A Lot'.
* Actresses: First prize was not awarded, Mojgan Noruzi won second prize for 'Snow Ditch' and third prize went to Masumeh Rahmani for 'The Suitcase'.
* Street-Acting Directors: First prize was not awarded, Sima Vasli-Rad won second prize for 'The Suitcase' and third prize went to Azadeh Ganjeh for 'Always besides You'.
* Music section of adult puppet shows: Mahyar Tahmasbi, Martin Shamunpur and Hesam Mahmudian won the prize for 'Sudadokht'.
* Stage designers of adult puppet shows: the prize was awarded to Arvand Dashtaray.
* Puppetry: Maryam Moini won first prize, Amir Abdollahian took second prize and Bahram Behbahani, Mehrnush Shariati and Afsaneh Ayani shared third prize.
* Playwrights: First prize was not awarded. Talieh Tariqati won second prize and Abbas Taghiabadi won third prize.
* Stage directors: Amir Qorbani won first prize, Faranak Torabi won second prize and the third prize went to Farzaneh Arastu.
*Stage actresses: Ayeh Kianpur won first prize, Nadia Faraji won second prize and the third prize went to Sima Samiei.
* Stage actors: Sorush Taheri won first prize, Lotfollah Seifi won second prize and the third prize went to Farima Dowlatabadi.
VIVE LE THEATRE!
Photo1: Stage Show ©ISNA
Photo 2: Veteran Iranian actress Jaleh Olov (R) bows to the audience during the presentation ceremony of the National Women's Theater Festival at Tehran's City Theater after taking the stage to receive the festival's lifetime achievement award from Tehran Mayor Mohammad-Baqer Qalibaf (L). (Mehr/Sara Sassani) ©MEHR
Photo 3: Play the Suitcase
Photo 4: Jaleh Olov and veteran actors in front seats
See more photo’s: ISNA Website